Author Topic: Color Enhancement  (Read 4485 times)

sdadolf

Color Enhancement
« on: January 09, 2012, 06:58:35 am »
With Microsoft Access being the database, would it be relatively "easy" to enable the use of colored text in SweepstakesList.  I could see highlighting a particular sweepstakes in red or blue, etc. to indicate it's importance...maybe reminds me to enter more than once per day, or that it must be done at a specific time of day, etc.  Just a thought.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 05:00:00 pm by Guest »

Webmaster

• Administrator
Re: Color Enhancement
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2012, 08:59:35 am »
Access format is used by Sweepstakes List only to store the data. There is no way to simply ?enable? colors, they need to be actually programmed (like expired sweeps were programmed to be shown in yellow color). I?m planning to do Sweepstakes List screen redesign to be more ?color friendly? (custom colors, color templates, conditional coloring, etc.), but it is not on top list of priorities.

However, I?d think about some kind of ?importance marker? for sweeps, hope would invent something?

sdadolf

« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2012, 07:01:53 am »
Maybe one way would be to do something to just highlight the information put in the comment field.  That field is a great place to store inportant info like codes, etc., but I tend to gloss over it since the info doesn't stand out as I am going down my list of sweeps to enter.

Webmaster

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2012, 08:39:50 am »
But if you highlight information in comment field, you still would not see it from top list...

I'm leaning toward coloring that "due for entry" thumbtack symbol on left side of top list. By default it's black, but user would have ability to change it to some predefined colors (blue, green, red). It should be relatively easy to implement...

sdadolf

« Reply #4 on: January 11, 2012, 06:59:09 am »
Quote from: "Webmaster"
But if you highlight information in comment field, you still would not see it from top list...

I'm leaning toward coloring that "due for entry" thumbtack symbol on left side of top list. By default it's black, but user would have ability to change it to some predefined colors (blue, green, red). It should be relatively easy to implement...

You're right your idea is much better, would be very useful for me....thanks.