Author Topic: SL and Microsoft Edge  (Read 2850 times)

sdadolf

SL and Microsoft Edge
« on: December 18, 2016, 06:50:47 am »
Microsoft keeps trying to get us (me) to abandon IE and use Edge. 

I make really good use of being able to select multiple browsers since each brosaer has its own cookies.  I can enter different users with a different browser and not have continually login in to Twitter, Facebook, etc. for each user.

Any chance we can get an update to SL that will enable users to select Edge as a browser choice?

Thanks, Steve

Webmaster

• Administrator
Re: SL and Microsoft Edge
« Reply #1 on: December 26, 2016, 06:47:04 pm »
Sorry for the delay in response.

Edge browser is different from other browsers like Chrome or Firefox - it is more like a Windows service, than actual application. So, adding Edge as option to list of browsers would require large amount of programming. Since Edge does not support RoboForm, antivirus and other useful tools, I'd assume not too many users would want to use Edge with SL. So, creating a new version of SL to add Edge into browsers list would be very low priority.

I've found some kind of workaround - how to use Edge instead of one of legacy browsers, like Flock. If you OK with extensive registry editing and command file creation, I can provide step-by-step instructions.

Note: running Edge from Sweepstakes List neither warranted, nor supported.

sdadolf

Re: SL and Microsoft Edge
« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2019, 09:14:51 am »
Just checking in to see if anything might be new in regards to using Microsoft Edge with SL.

A good number of my dailies no longer will work using IE, so I have to copy the URL from SL and paste it into Edge to enter the sweeps.

Now that Edge is more widely used. I was hoping there might be some new workaround for SL.

I have also read that Microsoft is already redesigning Edge to make its underlying logic use the Chromium logic.  Not sure what effect that might have in enabling SL to support Edge.