Author Topic: Future of Sweepstakes List  (Read 7449 times)

Webmaster

• Administrator
Future of Sweepstakes List
« on: February 08, 2012, 12:29:14 pm »
For the last three months sales of Sweepstakes List program (?SL?) have gradually increased. I want to say Thanks to everybody who bought SL and even bigger THANKS to people who recommended program to other sweepstakes aficionados. I hope every SL user is happy with program and doesn't regret the decision to buy it.

I just want to share some of my ideas on future Sweepstakes List development.

In near future (one-two months) new version of SL (1.06) would be released. If would include minor bug fixes, support for variety of web browsers (including new versions of Google Chrome), basic statistics, updated filtering, etc. It MIGHT have real 24-Hour sweepstakes type implemented, but it is unclear yet. Unfortunately, it would not include any kind of fixes that require changes to DB structure (color schemes, longer fields, etc.)

Sometime after release of SL 1.06 I?d start working on completely redesigned version of SL (it could be version 1.5 or 2.0). It should include lots of new features, some of them would be customizable color schemes, RoboForm integration, backup and restore functionality, ability to transfer sweepstakes data between two computers, reporting and external tools support. Also, Cloud add-on (sold separately from SL) would be created to give users ability to save sweepstakes data into Internet storage and access them from any computer. I estimate that new version of SL would take about six months of development and beta-testing. Also, price for new version would increase, compared to current price.

Now here are the legal words ?text above is for informational purposes only and can be changed/delayed/withdrawn without notice?.

One thing that I can promise: current registered users would be always eligible to get update for latest version of SL for FREE.

Alex Rubin.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 05:00:00 pm by Guest »

sdadolf

Re: Future of Sweepstakes List
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2012, 01:12:54 pm »
Alex,

Thanks for the detailed update plan(s).  The changes sound great...I look forward to them.

I have been a Internet Explorer user for 20+ years, and only over the past year have I come to appreciate how good Chrome is.  I use Chrome as my alternate browser when I suspect something  is not being displayed properly using IE.  Lately, I have been having all kinds of issues with IE, possibly from the add-on's that are enabled.  Not sure what the issue is, so being able to use Chrome wih SL will help me to isolate the problem to see if it is my computer, or IE, or ??

Thanks again for being willing to work on an upgrade.

sheilaco

« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2012, 01:20:51 pm »
Alex, it sounds great.  I'm looking forward to the updates.

Webmaster

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2012, 12:18:48 pm »
Quote from: "sdadolf"
I have been a Internet Explorer user for 20+ years, and only over the past year have I come to appreciate how good Chrome is.  I use Chrome as my alternate browser when I suspect something  is not being displayed properly using IE.  Lately, I have been having all kinds of issues with IE, possibly from the add-on's that are enabled.  Not sure what the issue is, so being able to use Chrome wih SL will help me to isolate the problem to see if it is my computer, or IE, or ??

I use Luna browser in IE mode for non-daily sweepstakes entry. For daily entry I use Firefox (had to buy upgrade for my Robo to use latest version of Firefox). Chrome for me is like "last line of defense" - I use it to fill out sweeps that fail in IE and Firefox.

sdadolf

« Reply #4 on: February 11, 2012, 02:57:50 pm »
Hmmmm.....I've never used Firefox...forgot you had SL set up to use Firefox.

I have a very annoying problem right now and am trying to isolate the problem between so many possibilities:

IE, maybe add-on related, maybe a problem between IE9 and Roboform 7.7  (I've disabled most add-ons, not Roboform and Adobe programs though)

Maybe some registry problem on my desktop. (I've run CCleaner)

Maybe some router problem.  (I've upgraded to the top of the line router)

Maybe a cable modem problem.  (I've run speed tests, and all ok)(Don't see any lights flashing, or any solid telltale signs)

Something else???

I enter maybe 10 sweeps, and all of a sdden the next sweeps I try won't load completely....page partially loads, or doesn't load at all. I might just see the Windows circle/busy thing. It is very, very frustrating as I then have to close all my IE tabs, close the program, and relaunch it to continue.    

I was going to use Chrome as part of my isolation process, but you mentioning Firefox got me interested in trying that as a possible option.

I also will be trying to run a few days using my laptop instead of my desktop....and see what that shows.

Frustrated Steve

sdadolf

« Reply #5 on: February 11, 2012, 08:05:22 pm »
Well, I've changed over to Firefox.  We'll see how things go for the next few days.

Webmaster

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: February 11, 2012, 08:16:21 pm »
Quote from: "sdadolf"
Well, I've changed over to Firefox.  We'll see how things go for the next few days.

Try it, hope you'd like it.
I had a lot of issues with IE9, I keep my old PCs with IE8 as most stable version of IE.